Released 2006 Appleseed Records
- Blueberry Pancakes (Annie Bauerlein & Chip Mergott)
- Maple Syrup Time (Pete Seeger)
- Taylor the Latte Boy (Marcy Heisler & Zina Goldrich)
- Root Beer for Breakfast (Vance Gilbert)
- Betrothal (The Accidentals)
- Bacon (Mary Liz McNamara)
- Orange Cocoa Cake (Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer)
- Mocha Java (Alan Miceli)
- I Think About Sex (Ray Jessel)
- Tomato Puddin' (Jeff Daniels)
- Butter (Megon McDonough)
- Fudge (Robin Hopper)
- Ten Pound Bass (Sally Fingerett with Jonathan Edwards)
- The Heartbreak Diet (Julie Gold)
- Introduction to "Blackberry Winter" (MaryJo Mundy)
- Blackberry Winter (MaryJo Mundy)
- The History of "One Meat Ball" (Dave Van Ronk)
- One Meat Ball (Dave Van Ronk)
- Bottle of Wine (Tom Paxton with Anne Hills and Bob Gibson)
- Pie (Debi Smith with Doc Watson)
- French Toast Bread Pudding (Christine Lavin)
A delightful feast for the ears and eyes:
19 food-related songs performed by Pete Seeger, Tom Paxton, Julie Gold, actor Jeff Daniels and other eager eaters from the singer-songwriter, cabaret and Broadway worlds!
27 scrumptious recipes from the musicians, their families and friends in an illustrated 96-page "cookbooklet."
Sorry, Lennon and McCartney – love isn't all you need. Christine Lavin, folk/pop music's reigning "comic observer of contemporary manners" (The New York Times) for more than two decades, and dozens of her friends across the creative spectrum celebrate another one of life's essentials – food – in One Meat Ball, a charming, hilarious and unique CD/"cookbooklet" package that we can't claim is non-fattening. You'll be headed for the kitchen after just a song or two, then will race back to your stereo to enjoy the rest of the CD.
Thoughtfully packaged in a cd-size spiral bound book that lies flat (for easy recipe reading), the shiny slick cover resists kitchen stains, and the glorious Gigstar of the millenium is a special guest voice at the very end of the CD. Do you know who that could be? Think about it! Madonna?? Nooooo. Sarah Palin? Naaaaaah. It's . . . Dame Edna! Yay!!!!!